Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Inspired by a Friend

When I saw this post by my friend Debbie on her blog The Paper Garden, I immediately went to work on this card. What makes this card so special is that way before these little crochet flowers were popular Debbie sent me a little bag of them that her Grandma had made. I have held onto them for quite some time as they were a special treat. Thanks again Debbie!
The base cardstock is Bazzill and the prints used are from the Basic Grey Porcelain collection. I stamped part of the Penny Black sentiment for the outside and the rest of it for the inside. I ever so lightly dabbed a bit of Butterscotch Adirondack ink on the flower to help it blend with the paper. I stamped the sentiment in Mountain Rose Adirondack ink. The ribbon is from PTI.
Hugs to all,

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness girl! You are going to make me cry! I LOVE your card! Aren't those little flowers precious?! I still have many of them. G'ma could have been famous making these! and she is famous in my eyes.

    Your card is beautiful. Thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when there's a special story behind a card. It makes it even more extra special. Thank you for sharing your story and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story behind the flowers. Doesn't surprise me that they are from Debbie :-) She has always been ahead of "the times". Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking and sharing some love! Your comments mean so much to me!